As a business owner or manager, it`s important to have a clear and concise company vehicle agreement form in place for any employees who will be using company vehicles. This agreement ensures that both the company and employee understand their responsibilities and liabilities while the vehicle is in use.
Here are some important elements to include in a company vehicle agreement form:
1. Driver qualifications: This section should outline the requirements for an employee to be eligible to drive a company vehicle, including a valid driver`s license and a clean driving record.
2. Vehicle use: It`s important to specify the intended use of the vehicle, whether it`s for business purposes only, personal use with restrictions, or a combination of both. The agreement should also state the maximum number of passengers allowed in the vehicle and any restrictions on where the vehicle can be driven.
3. Maintenance and repairs: The agreement should outline the employee`s responsibility to report any damage or mechanical issues with the vehicle and the company`s responsibility to cover the cost of repairs and maintenance. This section should also specify the required maintenance schedule and what to do in case of an accident.
4. Insurance: The employee must understand the insurance coverage provided by the company for the vehicle and any additional insurance requirements they must adhere to. This section should also outline the employee`s responsibility to report any accidents or incidents involving the vehicle.
5. Termination and return of vehicle: The agreement should specify the conditions under which the employee will no longer be authorized to drive the vehicle and what the process is for returning the vehicle to the company.
Having a company vehicle agreement form in place protects both the company and the employee by creating clear guidelines and expectations for vehicle use. It`s important to review and update this agreement periodically to ensure it reflects any changes in company policy or regulations.